Click Here for full job description
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Service Department Operations:
Assist Service Department Manager in maintaining a smooth running, efficient service department with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
Gather and document all pertinent diagnostic information and clearly describe them on the repair order for the technicians.
Estimate costs and completion times at point of sale. Clearly communicate to customers initially and during the repair process.
Assign jobs to technicians based on skill level and current resource utilization.
Review work-in-progress to ensure quality and timeliness.
Occasionally assist technicians when they are having difficulty performing service work.
Determine correct part numbers on repair orders and assist the parts department with picking and posting of parts before job starts.
Perform cashier functions, as needed.
Maintain estimates for internal and wreck repairs, including working with and communicating with Insurance Companies.
Open & close all customer paid, warranty, and internal repair orders.
Process, manage and monitor all warranties.
Must be detail oriented, have a thorough working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Office and preferably TALONes .
Follow procedures for quick and efficient handling of warranty items, including and proper storage of these items.
Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for service and parts management.
Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers
Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
Promptly notify customers of any changes, delays, or additional work needed.
Sell additional services by pointing out service specials or additional work needed.
Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to "Make Things Right".
Give special attention to repeat repairs to ensure the situation is corrected.
Avoid making commitments which can not (or likely will not) be met. Set customers' expectations to a level where they will likely be met.
Motorcycle Technician--Full & Part-Time
Harley-Davidson repair, customize, maintain, or overhaul both customer and dealer owned motor vehicles as close to the allotted time schedule as possible with excellent quality. Must have experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Service Department Operations
* Provide prompt, dependable, high quality, vehicle service to (internal & external) customers.
* Complete repair work within the scheduled or allotted time period whenever possible.
* Maintain productivity (time spent working on billable jobs) as close to 100% as possible.
* Accept work assignments from Service Consultant/Manager.
* Request parts for the job as early as possible when needs become known.
* Perform service, repair and customization work in accordance to factory specifications.
* Assist Service Consultant, when requested, with writing up work orders, communication with customers, test riding, or any other issue which will help ensure customer satisfaction.
* Notify Service Consultant of additional work needed or any delays in expected completion as soon as they become known so that customer may be contacted and notified of the delay.
* After job is finished ensure proper completion and filing of paperwork.
* Keep work areas as clean as possible and assist others with maintaining shop cleanliness.
* Maintain technical (PHD and other) qualification by completing any necessary training programs assigned to you by the Service Manager.
* Minimize come-backs and deal with them promptly and satisfactorily when they do occur.
* Keep customers vehicle cleaner than when it was dropped off.
* As assigned.
* Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
* Model superior customer service behavior for all interactions with customers and employees.
* Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
* Maintain up to date technical qualification (PHD and others) by completing all training programs assigned by the Service Manager.
* Focus on quality.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
* Completion of a factory authorized training program such as MMI Service School or equivalent work experience
* Current Motorcycle license.
* Current PA inspection license.
* Service Technicians need both basic and special tools to properly diagnose and service our products. All Service Technicians are required to own/provide a set of tools.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
* Requires the use of both hands.
* Frequently required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools, and lift 40 lb. of material.
* Frequently requires the ability to balance and push a 600+ lb. motorcycle.
* Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
* Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
* Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
Applicants will be considered until position(s) are filled.
- Location: Gettysburg, PA
- Compensation: Competitive
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.